• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    anthergill

As we all are aware of the fact that eating fish is good for the health and another fact is that the oil of the fish is also very much good for the hairs as well as for the skin, various types of oil made from the fish are available which are good for the hairs as well as for the skin to.

Niya12

Fish oil (and fish oil supplements ) contain the omega 3 fatty acids DHA and EPA that are crucial to cell functioning.we all need its omega 3s to keep our bodies and minds healthy and running smoothly and getting your fish oil recommended dosage is critical to your well-being.
    Fresh foods, especially fish, are always great, but be careful not to eat too much fresh fish because of the toxins (high quality fish oil supplements solve the toxin problem because they are purified to remove contaminants). And to get a 1-gram daily dose of omega 3 fatty acids, you’d have to eat about four servings of shrimp, four to seven servings of cod, or one to two servings of salmon. Now, that’s a lot of fish and potentially a lot of contaminants.if you eat a typical western diet with processed foods, you probably need to take fish oil just to get in balance.

micalcriss

Fish oil is oil obtain from the tissues of oily fish, it is very beneficial for the health of a person, here are some of the benefits of the fish oil are as
    – Benefits to the Heart
    – Cancer Prevention
    – Boosting the Brain
    – Improved Vision
    – Age Resistant Skin

ramirakos

Fish oil is very benefits for health, reason for its important that this oil contains a high proportion of omega 3 fatty acids. This supplements are so essential in our diets and diabetic patients. Its also help to reduce the risk of arthritis, migraine headaches, high blood pressure, skin disease, stress, poor memory and many more.

Brent

Hi Dear,
    Fish oil is very beneficial for the health.
    It burns the fat and lose extra weight.
    It control the cholesterol level.
    It is effective for the heart problems.
    It prevents from the boons, muscles, and joint pain.

Brent

@Brent 3687 wrote:

Hi Dear,
    Fish oil is very beneficial for the health.
    It burns the fat and lose extra weight.
    It control the cholesterol level.
    It is effective for the heart problems.
    It prevents from the boons, muscles, and joint pain.

any comment?

Shaw

According to my personal experience fish oil is very best for the body weight lose.
    Fish oil is also good for those people who’s skin is dry.

@Shaw 3815 wrote:

According to my personal experience fish oil is very best for the body weight lose.
    Fish oil is also good for those people who’s skin is dry.

Excessive fish oil puts your self into a pro inflammatory state when we are already excessive oxidize stress state.

compaq

@hardasnails1973 3828 wrote:

Excessive fish oil puts your self into a pro inflammatory state when we are already excessive oxidize stress state.

Can you and/or Dr Mariano please say whats the best guess as to what “excessive” fish oil amounts to?

Does Dr Mariano still recommend the minimum of 2,400mg of fish oil per day?

j-man1

Also,

What brands are preferable? I typically go Carlson’s or Nordic Naturals? Are these good enough? Do they warrant the excess cost?

DrMariano2
    Participant

I think 2400 mg of Omega-3 fatty acids (the part of fish oil that is EPA and DHA) is a good starting point from a nutritional point of view. For medicinal purposes, such as to stabilize mood in bipolar disorder, more may be necessary.

I don’t specify brands since availability, quality, and cost varies so much even within brands.

Fish oil that isn’t fresh becomes spoiled, rancid and gives you a fishy smell such as when you burp on it. it is more likely to make you feel nauseated. Fresh fish oil tastes like virgin olive oil and doesn’t smell fishy. I prefer places where the turnover of fish oil stock is very rapid to help insure it is fresh.

trollo

@DrMariano 6708 wrote:

I think 2400 mg of Omega-3 fatty acids (the part of fish oil that is EPA and DHA) is a good starting point from a nutritional point of view. For medicinal purposes, such as to stabilize mood in bipolar disorder, more may be necessary.

I don’t specify brands since availability, quality, and cost varies so much even within brands.

Fish oil that isn’t fresh becomes spoiled, rancid and gives you a fishy smell such as when you burp on it. it is more likely to make you feel nauseated. Fresh fish oil tastes like virgin olive oil and doesn’t smell fishy. I prefer places where the turnover of fish oil stock is very rapid to help insure it is fresh.

Dr Mariano i m right now learning from you that i took for 2 monthes (oct and nov) a whole bottle of rancid fish oil… it arrived by post to me and it was leaking oil inside the box so the shop sent to me another bottle, but i used the oil left into the first bottle… after i opened the new one i discovered that the new oil was different, that didn’t smell or taste fishy and that it looked a lot clearer … i thought that the new one wasn’t good but now i learn that it s the opposite!! So what could have involved taking spoiled fish oil for 2 monthes??? I m taking it because my Dr found i m deficient in EPA (& ALA) and because of mental issues like depression

shallsam96

The body needs EFA’s (essential fatty acids, OMEGA 3’s) for “good fats” in the body. It helps with the proper digestion & distribution of protein/carbs. It also helps the joints move fluidly. There are multiple articles to explain the scientific details of the benefits and the physioloy of the body.

Keep in mind: If you eat nuts (cashews, almonds), fish/tuna and use things like virgin olive oil, sunflower oil, flaxseed in your food/cooking (in limited amounts) you often do not need to supplement with the pills. Aim for about 15-20% of your dietary nutrition to come from good fats.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top