Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS MEN’S HEALTH What labs should I get

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vooch86

I am going to see Dr. Mariano in the beginning of October, ironically my yearly physical with my PC is just prior to my visit with Dr. Mariano. I would like to go to California with the most comprehensive info that I can for Dr. M. Any suggestions on thee most important labs I should request from my PC?

Readers Digest version of my case is I was put on TRT 2 years ago with less than favorable results, started with pellets, then injections and then Androgel. Had moments where I felt great but most of the time, I felt depressed, no libido, ED brain fog, high BP, no motivation, lack of energy, anxiety on wakening. My TT numbers when I started was in the 400’s. Saw several doctors and none could figure out where the problem was, found out my thyroid was off. Currently on Armour (1 grain) and my thyroid numbers are in line according to my endo, also found my ferratin low at one point. Curious about my adrenals. I have labs from almost every month from the last two years, while on TRT and after a couple restart attempts. Here is the list I have compiled.

Current symtoms are irritability, zero libido, ED, no motivation, brain fog, sporadic nocturnal erections, lately none, and very typical to have a really tight scrotum for a good part of the day especially when exercising.

Total Testosterone
    Free Testosterone
    SHBG
    DHT
    Prenenalone
    Progesterone
    Prolactin
    estrogen sensitive
    complete thyroid panel
    would love to do adrenals just not sure which test
    iron
    ferratin

Any input on this, I am asking because I have been dealing with this for two years and want to be prepared as possible for the doctor. I have also kept a daily journal for the last several months with what I am taking and how I felt at the time.

Vooch86

Forgot DHEA, anyone?

Quickie

I would add these:

1. DHEA
    2. LH
    3. FSH
    4. Cortisol (4-sample saliva test, if possible. Otherwise, 24-hour-urine test)
    5. Thyroid panel:
      • T3, free
      • T4, free
      • T3, reverse
      • TSH

And maybe these:

1. Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/eGFR
    2. CBC w/diff (Hgb, Hct, RBC, WBC, Plt, Diff)

Estrogen is important, and the Estrogen to test for is called:

1. “Estradiol, sensitive” or “Estradiol, ultra-sensitive”
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top