Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS PSYCHOLOGY, BRAIN TRAINING, LIFESTYLE, EXERCISE Psychotherapy curing low libido

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wondering

Anyone have any experience in psychotherapy / stress reduction curing low libido/ED?

I am beginning to wonder if elevated stress levels are the root cause of my issues and I have just started to see a psychotherapist.

Anyone ever use any medications to reduce stress levels? Clonidine perhaps?

thanks.

I just studied this in a class I took. I learned that Psychological Conditions pertaining to ED include: depression, guilt, worry, stress, and anxiety, which all contribute to loss of libido and ED. If a man experiences loss of erection, he may worry that it will happen again. This can produce anxiety associated with performance and may lead to chronic problems during sex. If the cycle is inescapable, it can result in impotence. Psychological factors in impotence are often secondary to physical causes, and they magnify their significance.

U also need to look at any surgeries that u may have had that involved the bladder or prostrate and pelvic and spinal cord injuries. Any of this may have affect on nerves supplying the penis or involved in maintaining an erection.

Low testosterone levels can also cause impotence along with several types of prescription drugs.

Lifestyle factors are important too. If u lack physical exercise, carrying any extra weight, or use alcohol or tobacco, u can cause damage to blood vessels and nerves. With the lifestyle factors, it may exist alone or be accompanied by psychological factors such as depression.

I’m not a physician, but I just thought I would share with u what I learned. I think seeing a psychotherapist is a great idea. I actually have heard that group psychotherapy for ED is very beneficial as well. It really depends upon ur personality factor of what is better for u.

chipdouglas
    Participant

I wonder though, does performance anxiety is also common on 20 year-old guys ? For some reason it seems this only happens later on in life.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top