Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS NUTRITION AND METABOLISM Potassium and sodium requirements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

There have been numerous questions to how much sodium and potassium one should consume daily

Usrda is 5.2 grams of potassium and 2,500 mgs of NA.

When examining peoples diets there is low potassium (<2000 mgs/day) in many of them.
    I try to increase potassium with fresh fruits and vegetables, organic black strap molasses, super greens mixture, yams, legumes and can use KCL salt to help if high blood pressure.

DrMariano2
    Participant

@hardasnails1973 1480 wrote:

There have been numerous questions to how much sodium and potassium one should consume daily

Usrda is 5.2 grams of potassium and 2,500 mgs of NA.

When examining peoples diets there is low potassium (<2000 mgs/day) in many of them.
    I try to increase potassium with fresh fruits and vegetables, organic black strap molasses, super greens mixture, yams, legumes and can use KCL salt to help if high blood pressure.

When you read David Brownstein MD’s book, Salt Your Way to Health, you will learn that he advocates an approximate dose of 10 grams a day of sea salt. This would help reduce blood pressure, for example.

BlackJack

10 grams of sea salt?

thats no joke

@BlackJack 1490 wrote:

10 grams of sea salt?

thats no joke

When you convert that it really is not that much ..

allie

@DrMariano 1484 wrote:

When you read David Brownstein MD’s book, Salt Your Way to Health, you will learn that he advocates an approximate dose of 10 grams a day of sea salt. This would help reduce blood pressure, for example.

Hi Dr M!

In regards to supplementing with unrefined sea salt. I tried this and felt fantastic for the first 3 days, after 3 days I began to have problems with pressure in my ears, earaches, and some weakness. It helped alot with my sweating though!

Is it true that unrefined sea salt can decrease potassium? If so, what can one do to ensure a good balance of these?

Thanks !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top