Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS PSYCHIATRY, NEUROENDOCRINOLOGY, PSYCHOIMMUNOLOGY Not responding to TRT treament while on Antipsychotics

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    reprezents

I am a male in his mid 30s. I have had low testosterone all my life, and was
    recently put on trt. It has completely altered my ability to achieve and and maintain
    and erection. I will start with some background.
    I was diagnosed with OCD when I turned 16 and was treated with 125mgs of
    clomipramine (anafranil) and it worked quite well. I was able to acheive and erection
    normally despite sexual dysfunction as a noted side effect. I do now understand that
    I was already showing symptoms of low testosterone. I also suffered from mild gynoco-
    mastia. At the age of 32, I read about prolactin and the effects, and asked to have my
    levels tested. It was in the 15-18 range. I also started experiencing new symptoms of
    my OCD and that was treated by the antipsychotic Fluoxnol (0.5mg). I also suffer from
    mild hypertension as I am overweight.
    In 2010, I was diagnosed with low testosterone, and referred to a very highy
    regarded endocrinologist, and she ran a variety of blood tests. She indeed confirmed I
    had low testosterone, and I was given intramuscular injections of cypionate at
    100mg/week, and when this had no effect, I was given 200mg/biweekly. No effect. In 1
    year of treatment, I experience 2 days of great results, where I was achieving spon-
    taneous erections and had alot of extra energy, however, only for 2 days. My endo says
    my free testosterone in in the mid-high range, and is baffled by my lack of response.
    I am reaching out to a community because I am at a loss for how to proceed. I
    understand that there is a correlation with dopamine & testosterone, and that my anti-
    psychotic is a dopamine antagonist. I also understand there may be an issue with my
    prolactin levels, but I was told that it was not that high (15-18). And that
    hypertension isn’t helping either. I was hoping someone could provide some insite to my
    situation and advise me on how they would proceed. If you have a suggestion, I implore
    you to reply, as I need to start responding to my trt treatment.

Cheers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top