Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS WOMEN’S HEALTH My Wifes HRT.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    pmgamer18

My wife was on HRT for a time some yrs. ago until the big breast cancer scare come out then she stopped it. Three yrs ago she has Knee replacement sugary and after this she can’t sleep and lost her libido. I have been on TRT or Testosterone meds for 27 yrs. I know lot about them and help men on the forums with this problem.

But when it comes down to women and there hormones I am lost. Yet I get a lot of women posting to me about it.

My wife seen her Dr. for a scan on her privet parts she thought she found a lump. My wife told her that the Ambien she tried to help her sleep did not work so her Dr. talked her into going back on HRT. I have been telling her to do this for yrs. but she kept telling me they cause cancer. I told her she can get natural hormones or what they call Bio identical Hormones.

I am not sure if what she is on is safe here is what the Dr. gave her.
    Provera/Medroxprogesterone Aceta 1 x’s/day 2.5 mgs. and Estrace/Gynodiol/Estradiol 1 x’s/day .5 mgs.

She has been on this 5 days now and says she is sleeping a little better dose not need Xanax anymore.

Dr. M or anyone I need help on this one.

@pmgamer18 886 wrote:

My wife was on HRT for a time some yrs. ago until the big breast cancer scare come out then she stopped it. Three yrs ago she has Knee replacement sugary and after this she can’t sleep and lost her libido. I have been on TRT or Testosterone meds for 27 yrs. I know lot about them and help men on the forums with this problem.

But when it comes down to women and there hormones I am lost. Yet I get a lot of women posting to me about it.

My wife seen her Dr. for a scan on her privet parts she thought she found a lump. My wife told her that the Ambien she tried to help her sleep did not work so her Dr. talked her into going back on HRT. I have been telling her to do this for yrs. but she kept telling me they cause cancer. I told her she can get natural hormones or what they call Bio identical Hormones.

Provera/Medroxprogesterone Aceta 1 x’s/day 2.5 mgs. and Estrace/Gynodiol/Estradiol 1 x’s/day .5 mgs.

She has been on this 5 days now and says she is sleeping a little better dose not need Xanax anymore.

These are a diaster waiting to happen. With females hormones these are not true progesterone and when tested in urine or saliva will reveal a low progesterone levels.
    If she was under Dr O he would switch her to bi-est, with natural progesterone.
    These drugs are why progesterone are known to cause increase in breast cancer and other health risk. I would look for Dr that specializes in bioidentical hormones in your area. Dr john now does wonem hormones or has dr’s that do. If they are any good or not I would not know. In our practice a lot of the symptoms your wife has clears up with in the first week on progesterone. If she has problem sleeping them lozengers and potential combination of gels of both would be the best remedy. In TRT our concern is saftey and her current regime she is on is putting her at high risk. From research that i have done. Progesterone deficiency comes from years of cortisol demand which eventually depletes progesterone. Since you are in the goiter belt I would have her also on iodoral to help regulate estrogen metabolism as a safety valve for the HRT. By regulating her progesterone/e2 ratio with bioidentical hormones her thyroid medications may need to be altered as well as the metabolic shift from estrodial to progesterone on the receptors.

pmgamer18

Thanks Hard it’s a shame I can’t tell her anything she just does not want to hear about it from me even a cousin is on pellets and tells her to get on Bio hormones she just thinks we are all nuts. I read up on these pills she is on and I don’t feel she is getting the right kind of hormones. I can’t believe they still sell the crap.

DrMariano2
    Participant

@pmgamer18 886 wrote:

The question is: how does one keep hormone replacement therapy safe?

There is some risk of breast cancer with Estrogens and Progesterone.

There is a significant risk of blood clots and heart problems with the use of Progestins ( artificial progesterones ).

Thus, how does one keep safe? How does one lower the risk?

When it comes to the risk of heart attacks and blood clots, clearly (particularly since Provera + Estradiol = PremPro), the World Health Organization’s study showed the use of Provera increased the risk for both problems.

As a result of this study, I prefer Estradiol alone to Estradiol + Provera.

I prefer Estrogen and Progesterone to Estradiol alone for the health benefits and to reduce the risk of using Estradiol alone.

And I prefer Estradiol + Estriol to Estradiol or Premarin when it comes to choosing an Estrogen.

When it comes to reproductive system cancers, such as breast cancer, there are ways to reduce the risk.

Three modifiable factors which may reduce the risk for breast cancer while on hormone replacement therapy are:

1. Adequate Iodine intake
    2. Adequate Vitamin D intake.
    3. Using Estradiol with Estriol (Bi-Est)

A good reference to iodine is Dr. Browntein’s excellent book on iodine: Iodine – Why you need it. http://www.drbrownstein.com/

Even if a woman is not on hormone replacement therapy, when iodine and vitamin D are both low, the risk of developing breast cancer is significantly higher than with adequate levels of both.

When it comes to adequate iodine levels, I agree with Dr. Brownstein, though I don’t advocate using 50 mg of iodine a day all the time.

pmgamer18

Thank you Dr. M she just read this and did not say anything but I think you got to her I just hope she keeps an open mind about this. Last night was a bad night for her sleep wise so I am not sure what she is taking is working. But it needs more time I have Iodine pills and Vit – D drops that I take will try to get her to take them.

JanSz

What is Bi-Est?
    Bi-Est is short for Bi-Estrogen.
    The two estrogens are Estradiol and Estriol.
    The woman’s body has three estrogens:
    Estrone (E1), Estradiol (E2), Estriol (E3).
    ====================================
    collegepharmacy

Triest

Triest is a combination of three estrogens: estriol, estradiol and estrone.
    It is most commonly found in a ratio of 80:10:10, estriol, estradiol, and estrone.
    This combination is very popular and contains all of the three major circulating estrogens.
    It may be slightly weaker in its effect when compared to biest.
    However, this may be compensated for by increasing the strength or by slightly changing the ratios

…..

DrMariano2
    Participant

@JanSz 919 wrote:

What is Bi-Est?
    Bi-Est is short for Bi-Estrogen.
    The two estrogens are Estradiol and Estriol.
    The woman’s body has three estrogens:
    Estrone (E1), Estradiol (E2), Estriol (E3).
    ====================================
    collegepharmacy

Triest

Triest is a combination of three estrogens: estriol, estradiol and estrone.
    It is most commonly found in a ratio of 80:10:10, estriol, estradiol, and estrone.
    This combination is very popular and contains all of the three major circulating estrogens.
    It may be slightly weaker in its effect when compared to biest.
    However, this may be compensated for by increasing the strength or by slightly changing the ratios

…..

Bi-Est is 80% Estradiol + 20% Estriol.

I prefer using it to Tri-Est, which contains Estrone. Estrone tends to give a higher risk for breast cancer.

JanSz

@DrMariano 920 wrote:

Bi-Est is 80% Estradiol + 20% Estriol.

I prefer using it to Tri-Est, which contains Estrone. Estrone tends to give a higher risk for breast cancer.

How do you figure correct dose?
    I would think:

First 20 days, Quest Diagnostics
    Estrogens, Fractionated, LC/MS/MS (36742X)

Estrone, serum
    Estradiol, serum
    Estriol

or urine from Rhein or Meridian

Quest tests are paid by insurance,
    Rhein or Meridian direct cash but give 2, 4, 16 and other information.

DrMariano2
    Participant

@JanSz 924 wrote:

How do you figure correct dose?
    I would think:

First 20 days, Quest Diagnostics
    Estrogens, Fractionated, LC/MS/MS (36742X)

Estrone, serum
    Estradiol, serum
    Estriol

or urine from Rhein or Meridian

Quest tests are paid by insurance,
    Rhein or Meridian direct cash but give 2, 4, 16 and other information.

Simple.

The most important component in Bi-Est is Estradiol.

All one has to do is the Ultrasensitive Estradiol test, then base dosing on the result.

pmgamer18

This is a cut and paste from College Pharmacy I use to use them for compounded Testoserone cream yrs. ago until the patch come out and my BCBS would not pay for it anymore. Is this what my wife would use. And how does it come in a cream or pills.
    ========================================================
    Biest

Biest is a combination of two estrogens: estriol and estradiol. It is most commonly found in a ratio of 80:20, estriol to estradiol. This combination might allow for all of the protection of estriol, while potentially providing the cardiovascular and osteoporosis benefits and vasomotor symptom relief of estradiol.

allie

@pmgamer18 951 wrote:

This is a cut and paste from College Pharmacy I use to use them for compounded Testoserone cream yrs. ago until the patch come out and my BCBS would not pay for it anymore. Is this what my wife would use. And how does it come in a cream or pills.
    ========================================================
    Biest

Biest is a combination of two estrogens: estriol and estradiol. It is most commonly found in a ratio of 80:20, estriol to estradiol. This combination might allow for all of the protection of estriol, while potentially providing the cardiovascular and osteoporosis benefits and vasomotor symptom relief of estradiol.

Phil,
    I can really empathize with your wife. When I had my ovaries removed it threw into such a mess. I now find out that the problem probably could have been dealt with in another manner. I had severe endriometriosis. All of my organs were attached into one large mass. They removed absolutely everything they could of my female organs. They told me I didn’t need hormone replacement. I was so badly suicidal I was going to jump from a building. This was when I asked my husband to take me to the hospital. I ended up being admitted in the psych ward. I convinced the psych to let me see a gynecologist that started me on estrogel pumps. Yes, I had to convince him. He told me there was no real proven evidence that not having ovaries would cause suicidal depression. we’ve since moved to a new city.

I had a wonderful Dr. here that prescribled bi-est and progesterone. He also initially started me on Thyroid meds in Oct 2007. He was so awesome, but he retired and was not able to fnd anyone that would take over what he did. He was the first Dr to diagnose me with hypothryoid. Oh , I’m getting off topic here… πŸ˜€

What I really wanted to say is that no woman should have to suffer the agony of menopause and sweating, depression and the list goes on.
    These bio-identical hormones saved me. I only wish I could find a Dr. here now that prescribes them.

I hope your wife feels better soon. πŸ™‚

pmgamer18

You don’t need a Dr. have your nat. path call Collage Pharmacy ask them what labs you need done the send them a copy of them and they will compound a cream for you that will fix what is low. I did this with one Dr. yrs. ago for Testosterone and DHEA the cream was great until my BCBS would not pay for it anymore because a patch come out.
    http://www.collegepharmacy.com/menshealth/andropause.asp
    You don’t need to use this pharmacy most of them will do the same thing your nat. path might be up on this all ready. I can’t get my wife to do this she thinks I play Dr. with people but I don’t she hates seeing a Dr. and taking meds so she sufferers. Read this link.
    http://www.power-surge.com/educate/yourhormones.htm
    My wife cousin gets pellets put in for her hormones every 4 months.
    http://www.sottopelletherapy.com/
    @allie 1137 wrote:

Phil,
    I can really empathize with your wife. When I had my ovaries removed it threw into such a mess. I now find out that the problem probably could have been dealt with in another manner. I had severe endriometriosis. All of my organs were attached into one large mass. They removed absolutely everything they could of my female organs. They told me I didn’t need hormone replacement. I was so badly suicidal I was going to jump from a building. This was when I asked my husband to take me to the hospital. I ended up being admitted in the psych ward. I convinced the psych to let me see a gynecologist that started me on estrogel pumps. Yes, I had to convince him. He told me there was no real proven evidence that not having ovaries would cause suicidal depression. we’ve since moved to a new city.

I had a wonderful Dr. here that prescribled bi-est and progesterone. He also initially started me on Thyroid meds in Oct 2007. He was so awesome, but he retired and was not able to fnd anyone that would take over what he did. He was the first Dr to diagnose me with hypothryoid. Oh , I’m getting off topic here… πŸ˜€

What I really wanted to say is that no woman should have to suffer the agony of menopause and sweating, depression and the list goes on.
    These bio-identical hormones saved me. I only wish I could find a Dr. here now that prescribes them.

I hope your wife feels better soon. πŸ™‚

allie

@pmgamer18 1163 wrote:

You don’t need a Dr. have your nat. path call Collage Pharmacy ask them what labs you need done the send them a copy of them and they will compound a cream for you that will fix what is low. I did this with one Dr. yrs. ago for Testosterone and DHEA the cream was great until my BCBS would not pay for it anymore because a patch come out.
    http://www.collegepharmacy.com/menshealth/andropause.asp
    You don’t need to use this pharmacy most of them will do the same thing your nat. path might be up on this all ready. I can’t get my wife to do this she thinks I play Dr. with people but I don’t she hates seeing a Dr. and taking meds so she sufferers. Read this link.
    http://www.power-surge.com/educate/yourhormones.htm
    My wife cousin gets pellets put in for her hormones every 4 months.
    http://www.sottopelletherapy.com/

Thanks for the links.. interesting. Will take some tme to read.

I just called my pharmacy and i actually have some refills for a couple bio-idents. πŸ˜€
    But I think I am going to have the salavia testing done in order to determine what’s needed.

Thanks again1

pmgamer18

It’s funny I can tell you about this and you don’t think I am full of it like my wife does I feel so sorry for her last night was a bad night for her she was up all night. The HRT meds her Dr. gave her are not helping yet might not help.
    @allie 1165 wrote:

Thanks for the links.. interesting. Will take some tme to read.

I just called my pharmacy and i actually have some refills for a couple bio-idents. πŸ˜€
    But I think I am going to have the salavia testing done in order to determine what’s needed.

Thanks again1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top