• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rglr

Does anyone have experience with the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction or any similar programs?

Is it appropriate/helpful for someone with low thyroid and adrenal fatigue?

thanks

Hi by mindfulness do you mean mindfulness meditating? Someone with the problems you describe would surely benefit from relaxation techniques like mindfulness meditation. Along with yoga breath I try to do it every day.

rglr

@Downthelanetheycome 2526 wrote:

Hi by mindfulness do you mean mindfulness meditating? Someone with the problems you describe would surely benefit from relaxation techniques like mindfulness meditation. Along with yoga breath I try to do it every day.

yes, exactly. they talk about meditation, yoga and some other techniques to reduce stress. can you elaborate on your experience with it? they say that even just becoming aware of the present moment 10-15 times a day can help but it’s all new and strange to me.

New and strange? for me its the hardest thing to do. My mind is always wandering around thinking of anything else but this moment. My yoga instructor says that this is normal and to just try and return to the present if even for a short time. One good way to do it is to bring your focus to the events of your day from start to end and view them without any judgement or analysis. Just notice each event of the day and there emotions as kind of a spectator. In our new technology based world we are training ourselves to do just the opposite. We are nor watching TV while on the computer and grabbing our phone to send text messages all at the same time. We drive and talk on the phone. We are never fully enjoying the moment we are in. I went in a vacation last year to a place with no computers or phone service and it was the most relaxing experience of my life. I am pretty sure as a culture we are no more happier than people who lived years ago without all these techno things. I bet there are mentally ill people now compared to many years ago without all these conveniences.

rglr

I appreciate your comments. For the last few days I have been pulling myself into the present moment throughout the day. I’ve noticed how tense my body is when I’m thinking about all the stuff I have to or want to do. Usually my shoulders are pulled up or my fist is clenched around something. From what I read pulling yourself into the present will get easier and hopefully will become the norm…hopefully.
    A funny quote from Jon Kabat-Zinn: “Next time you’re in the shower; Check to see if you’re in the shower” 🙂

wondering

Yes, try to devote time each day to it…BUT you still need to get Thyroid and Adrenals taken care of, so find a good medical doctor as well. Couple places to start…

http://mindfulness.org/

Here’s some free lectures..Gil Fronsdale has some good ones…

http://www.audiodharma.org/

rglr

@wondering 2534 wrote:

Here’s some free lectures..Gil Fronsdale has some good ones…

Wow! Tons of lectures Thanks!
    There’s even a 6-week course including the homework.

wondering
    rglr

Great lecture. Thanks. It’s nice that Google Tech Talks are made public. There are quite a few other lectures on meditation and mindfulness at Google.

Anonymous

Hi I used this technique as part of learning meditation exactly for the purpose stress (and depression) reduction.

Its not easy but what I recommend to help get you started is to use mantric meditation forms, so that when you find yourself getting stressed, just go somewhere quiet for 5 mins and do a mantra based meditation.

You’ll find the repetiveness helps focus your mind away from the problems you where trying to deal with and you should feel a lot better.

peterson

Mindfulness helps you relate directly to whatever is happening in your life, including the challenges of stress, pain, illness, and the everyday demands of deadlines and assignments.Its includes information about depression as well as cognitive therapy-based exercises linking thinking and its resulting impact on feeling.

Pat Quigley

since starting to use mindfulness in my practice a few years ago, I am amazed at the powerful changes in many of my clients through awareness alone.

Anonymous

Mindfulness practice is the best exercise. This exercise in stress reduction does not take long and can be of great help to break the cycle of your mental stress. Combine that with the time jumps to a higher boost.You can also practice mindfulness by listening carefully to each other or the world around you.

marcuskalen

We all are aware of stress which lead to various serious problems, mindfulness helps you relate directly to whatever is happening in your life, including the challenges of stress, pain, disease, and the everyday demands of deadlines and assignments.

wilaimsjacks

Mindfulness stress reduction is very much necessary for a person to lead a healthy and a long life, it can only be reduce by taking care of the tips like avoid reading news paper, stop watching news channel, avoid talking about other and many more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top