Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS PSYCHOLOGY, BRAIN TRAINING, LIFESTYLE, EXERCISE Meditation Increases Prolactin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tangozero

I’ve had somed negative and positive effects using transcendental meditation – the negative seem to mirror low dopamine/weak dopamine signalling. I’ve come across a study showing that TM significantly increases prolactin all day. Prolactin lowers dopamine.

Doc, do you have any thoughts or concerns about this?

http://www.psychosomaticmedicine.org/content/40/4/329.full.pdf

trollo

i would be extremely interested on it too… have you read my post about my experience with TM????

tangozero

@trollo 6837 wrote:

i would be extremely interested on it too… have you read my post about my experience with TM????

I did. I couldn’t figure out which of your symptoms were drug related and which were related to TM.

What’s interesting is different styles of meditation seem to have different effects. Yoga Nidra meditation increases dopamine according to a published study.

TM seems to increase prolactin (dopamine’s nemesis) significantly as per that above study I posted. But I think it also increases phenylalanine.

What were your final conclusions on TM? Could you list what you thought were the positives and what you thought were the negatives? Of just the TM, not the meds.

Do you still do TM?

trollo

Well, TM researchers generally speak about prolactin studies as a proof than TM promotes calmness, self control, sleep quality. For me it has been the total opposite. I used to be lifeless, but with TM i began to feel more self confident, mentally alert and sharp, full of energy and desires, libido, a lot of stamina, but couldn’t control my reactions and i used to be aggressive without even being aware of that. And i had serious insomnia… my opinion is that the effect of TM could have been largely altered by the presence of the drug i was assuming… unliky the effects of such a hazardous interaction seem to be long-lasting… I m trying desperately to contact dr Mariano but he never responded to me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top