Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS SIGNALS lyme disease

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jean

Dear Doctor,

You can see many many people with low adrenal/low thyroid. I do many research about what your hormones go down. There are many reasons. BUT I known that the best one is HIGH LOAD OF PATHOGENS in your body particulary lyme disease.
    There are more lyme disease in the world than AIDS ; Many people have them but doesn’t known. MANY PHYSICIAN DOESN4T KNOWN THIS FACT

I have Lyme disease and this bacterial kill my adrenal and thyroid, lower my catecholamine level.

“Lyme disease causes metabolic/endocrine dysfunctions that lead to weight loss or commonly chronic weight gain. Generally, women struggle with chronic Lyme disease more severely than men do. It is not known for sure why.”
    “Clinically, “chronic fatigue syndrome” or “fibromyalgia”, which is more recently called “chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome” (CFIDS) cannot be readily distinguished from chronic Lyme disease and in fact is probably one in the same disease. Yes, I believe along with many LLMDs that most cases of fibromyaliga and CFIDS are actually misdiagnosed cases of chronic Lyme disease

In the very beginning, I stated there is a link between Lyme Disease and later on developing Thyroid/Adrenal Disorders. Because these LD spirochetes like to invade organs like the Thyroid and Adrenals, it would make sense that an autoimmune response could be set off in these organs. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ There are numerous studies that show this occurs.[/SIZE][/SIZE]Why is autoimmune disease on the rise? While I also believe that our own toxic environment has a big role in the increase of disease’s that used to be rare, I also believe that these “always evolving” bacteria and virus are the true culprits. By invading our bodies, they weaken them and that sets the stage for the disease process to begin. This article states that the B. Burgorferi bacteria does cause an autoimmune response to begin after infection:

” Lyme borreliosis: from infection to autoimmunity.” by Singh SK, Girschick HJ.
    Paediatric Rheumatology, Children’s Hospital, University of Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany
    “Lyme borreliosis in humans is an inflammatory disease affecting multiple organ systems, including the nervous system, cardiovascular system, joints and muscles. The causative agent, the spirochaete Borrelia burgdorferi, is transmitted to the host by a tick bite. The pathogenesis of the disease in its early stages is associated largely with the presence of viable bacteria at the site of inflammation, whereas in the later stages of disease, autoimmune features seem to contribute significantly. In addition, it has been suggested that chronic persistence of B. burgdorferi in affected tissues is of pathogenic relevance. Long-term exposure of the host immune system to spirochaetes and/or borrelial compounds may induce chronic autoimmune disease. The study of bacterium-host interactions has revealed a variety of proinflammatory and also immunomodulatory-immunosuppressive features caused by the pathogen. Therapeutic strategies using antibiotics are generally successful, but chronic disease may require immunosuppressive treatment. Effective and safe vaccines using recombinant outer surface protein A have been developed, but have not been propagated because of fears that autoimmunity might be induced. Nevertheless, new insights into the modes of transmission of B. burgdorferi to the warm-blooded host have been generated by studying the action of these vaccines.”
    Lyme Disease is now thought to be the fastest growing infectious disease in the world. There are believed to be at least 200,000 new cases each year in the US and some experts think that as many as one in every 15 Americans is currently infected (20 million persons).

The Lyme Bacteria, “”Borrelia Burgdorferi”, has now been found in mosquitos, biting flies, fleas, and various other vectors http://www.wildernetwork.org/faq004.html It can be transmitted in utero and by breast milk. So it can be impossible to know for sure who is really “safe” from this insidious and very destructive infection. There is evidence that “b. Burgdorferi” bacteria could even be transmitted, sexually. http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/std.html We all know that the “b. Burgdorferi” cousin, Syphilis, can be spread through sexual contact.
    “Transmission of the disease has been clearly documented after bites by fleas, mites, mosquitos and ticks. There is compelling evidence that Lyme disease (LD) can be spread by sexual and congenital transfer.”

DrMariano2
    Participant

This reminds me Syphilis as illnesses.

What is interesting is that every case of Syphilis is a case of neurosyphillis (where the infective bacterium has spread to the brain).

But, doctors often forget this. Thus they treat only the body’s infection but not the brain’s infection – where it can hide from conventional treatment and can cause significant permanent damage. Without treatment, the patient can be significantly disabled for life.

Neurosyphillis is much more expensive to treat – requiring about two weeks of hospitalization and continuous IV penicillin in the millions of units. The hospitalization is what makes it so expensive compared to the outpatient treatment of the body. Two weeks in some hospitals would run $30,000 or more.

charliebizz

how can we get ride of the lyme. i have tested positive for lyme on and off since 1998. ive had issues with on and off fatigue periods of anxiety and other strange symptoms throughout the years but nothing too crazy.then in 2008 i over trained and under ate and it opened me up to all sorts of problems. i had low hormones across the board. after years of working on them trying trt,hc,t3 nothing made me feel better during that time i went back to a normal diet and less exercise. some of my hormones came back up my thyroid looks good my cortisol levels are still low normal and my testosterone was right at bottom of the range so after trt made my low cortisol symptoms worse i tried low dose clomid for a couple months. i do not feel great on clomid but i got through it. now my t levels are 450-range is 348-1100.

I feel better then i have at any point of this hormone adventure but i still feel off. i have on and off fatigue with burning eyes and lightheadedness. but there is no rhyme or reason for this. i can eat like crap one week and workout and play hockey and have a great week and then sometimes i cant. sometimes i can do nothing all week and feel terrible 5-7 days..i also always have slight muscle twitches,tight muscles and my muscles are hyper reactive if i get hit

sorry for rambling. what i was trying to get at is how can we tell if its lyme or hormones or lyme causing hormone issues.I do not feel any better taking oral antibiotics and i tried I.V rocephin but i got phlebitis the second day and we pulled the picc line and i really didnt wanna try it again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top