Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS WOMEN’S HEALTH Is there a treatment for excessive falling hair in women?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    j1asicaa

I know that it’s normal to lose 100 strands a day, but I think my condition is pretty excessive. I started noticing it in my late 30s. It hasn’t thinned to the point that you can see my scalp. In fact, people & hairdressers still gush at “how thick it is!” But I know for a fact that it isn’t the way it used to be. No barrette could hold my hair before. Now, even a small clip would suffice. I’d be grateful for any tips, whether it’s a pill to pop or a folk treatment to follow. Thanks! (-:

DrMariano2
    Participant

@j1asicaa 4176 wrote:

I know that it’s normal to lose 100 strands a day, but I think my condition is pretty excessive. I started noticing it in my late 30s. It hasn’t thinned to the point that you can see my scalp. In fact, people & hairdressers still gush at “how thick it is!” But I know for a fact that it isn’t the way it used to be. No barrette could hold my hair before. Now, even a small clip would suffice. I’d be grateful for any tips, whether it’s a pill to pop or a folk treatment to follow. Thanks! (-:

For women, common treatments I may consider include the following in some combination:

• Biotin
    • Cimetidine
    • Estradiol transdermal cream
    • Evening Primrose Oil
    • Ketoconazole Shampoo
    • Lysine
    • Minoxidil
    • Progesterone
    • Selenium
    • Spironolactone compounded cream
    • Spironolactone oral tablets
    • Zinc with Copper
    Phife

If women no longer produce estrogen after menopause, wouldn’t hair loss be an automatic?

DrMariano2
    Participant

@Phife 4739 wrote:

If women no longer produce estrogen after menopause, wouldn’t hair loss be an automatic?

Men, post-menopausal women, and follicular-phase menstruating women still make estrogen in their adrenal glands. The amounts are very similar.

Hair loss is not an automatic consequence of menopause. There are multiple factors involved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top