• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BlackJack

What effect can low Iodine have on hormones and neurotransmitters?

BlackJack

here are my results

Spot test 0.13 mg/L ( 0.1 – 0.5 mg/L)
    Total Load Spilled 33.08mg >45mg
    %Spilled 66% (Less than 90% may suggest iodine deficiency

wondering

I am not a doctor.

But Iodine plays an important role in converting T4 to T3 and taking Iodoral made a big difference in my energy levels.

@BlackJack 348 wrote:

What effect can low Iodine have on hormones and neurotransmitters?

BlackJack

What about ED/libido? thats pretty much my last thing i want to increase.

wondering

doubt it has a direct affect, but if Thyroid hormone isn’t being optimized than it helps that, so indirectly it can help libido.

But, if you’re deficient – anything that improves your health, can only have a postitive impact. I’m in the same boat as you, but do have some anxiety as well.

@BlackJack 351 wrote:

What about ED/libido? thats pretty much my last thing i want to increase.

DrMariano2
    Participant

Iodine is part of the structure of thyroid hormone. One needs iodine to make thyroid hormone.

Iodine helps convert estrogens which can promote cancer to less carcinogenic estrogens.

Iodine may help improve hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysregulation – including lower cortisol produciton (stated by Jonathan Wright MD, one of the leading physicians in alternative medicine and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.

Iodine has other uses in the body, including its use by the immune system as an antiseptic agent to kill germs at the site of infection.

A good reference is David Brownstein MD’s book on iodine: http://www.amazon.com/Iodine-need-cant-live-without/dp/B001URN3UG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246335169&sr=8-1

From my point of view, one of the most important reasons to take iodine is to reduce the risk of reproductive system cancers, including breast and prostate cancers.

chaos

How would you know whether you’re deficient?

My multi-vitamin had iodide, but I have heard there’s more than one type. Iodine? If you have enough of one would it make a difference if you didn’t have enough of the other?

wondering

I am not a doctor, but here goes…

1. 24hr urinel ab (my doctor who ran this said NYS was giving Drs flak for this, so from now on she bases on clinical judgement)

2. Good T4 numbers, but poor T3 numbers as Iodine helps this conversion as does Selenium.

@chaos 402 wrote:

How would you know whether you’re deficient?

My multi-vitamin had iodide, but I have heard there’s more than one type. Iodine? If you have enough of one would it make a difference if you didn’t have enough of the other?

Hebajone

Hello to all

For T3 and T4 it is very essential at any cost those patients who are in the deficiency of the iodine must be use this salt to improve the deficiency.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top