• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Geno

I have insomnia for at least 10 yrs after being railroaded by a few corrupt supervisor’s who lied and fabricated a story together in order to save their careers. Since I was terminated from my career as a Peace Officer in Calif, and the stress of going thru unemployment and the legal issues that go along with filing appeals within an organization which at the time, practiced the “Good Ol’ Boy” tactics of rendering punishment against an employee (me) for blowing the whistle on one of them, who was corrupt and practicing prejudice and discrimination under the authority of rank and 25 years on the job. Anyway, on the subject of insomnia, I would like to hear from anyone who has or had TRUE INSOMNIA, and what they have used or done in order to get to sleep and stay asleep etc.. I have tried just about everything!!!!! that is popular, including a majority of all the Sleep Medications available, except for Xyrem, so if anyone would like to share a reply of his/her experience of help for insomnia (No “drink warm milk” advice please) but only “Serious and Effective” treatments that work, that perhaps I have not read, tried, and researched. Maybe someone out there could educate me on something about insomnia that I have not heard of etc…. My primary problem is my mind won’t shut off when I go to bed at night, worry, thoughts of betrayal, victimized, and the constant thinking of how a few “Corrupt Supervisor’s” turned my world upside down, loosing my career and income of at least $80,000 a year, forcing me to become mentally and physically ill to the point that I had to go on SSI/Disability, MediCare/Medi-Cal, and trying to live on a small Government check of about $850.00 per month:mad: Sorry about going on and on off the subject of insomnia in this forum, but please, if you would like to share any info on the subject of helping me/people with INSOMNIA, I would welcome any replies.

wondering

Your insomnia immediately followed a very stressful event – this could either be coincidental or causal. Regardless, I would imagine some adrenal/pituitary dysfunction.

Possible you dont make enough cortisol and your body is compensating by making more norepiniphrine and that keeps you awake. You could have low testosterone which could lead to a similar chain of events. You could have hypothyroidism, which would lead to a similar chain of events.

I experienced similar and sleep great now.

My dad suffered from undiagnosed hypothyroidism his while life and had insomnia from early 20s til mid 70s. After getting on Armour, he sleeps better than he has since being a teenager.

I see your in middle California. I know you dont have much money, but would be worth calling Dr. M. He could help you and isnt very far away.

@Geno 1934 wrote:

I have insomnia for at least 10 yrs after being railroaded by a few corrupt supervisor’s who lied and fabricated a story together in order to save their careers. Since I was terminated from my career as a Peace Officer in Calif, and the stress of going thru unemployment and the legal issues that go along with filing appeals within an organization which at the time, practiced the “Good Ol’ Boy” tactics of rendering punishment against an employee (me) for blowing the whistle on one of them, who was corrupt and practicing prejudice and discrimination under the authority of rank and 25 years on the job. Anyway, on the subject of insomnia, I would like to hear from anyone who has or had TRUE INSOMNIA, and what they have used or done in order to get to sleep and stay asleep etc.. I have tried just about everything!!!!! that is popular, including a majority of all the Sleep Medications available, except for Xyrem, so if anyone would like to share a reply of his/her experience of help for insomnia (No “drink warm milk” advice please) but only “Serious and Effective” treatments that work, that perhaps I have not read, tried, and researched. Maybe someone out there could educate me on something about insomnia that I have not heard of etc…. My primary problem is my mind won’t shut off when I go to bed at night, worry, thoughts of betrayal, victimized, and the constant thinking of how a few “Corrupt Supervisor’s” turned my world upside down, loosing my career and income of at least $80,000 a year, forcing me to become mentally and physically ill to the point that I had to go on SSI/Disability, MediCare/Medi-Cal, and trying to live on a small Government check of about $850.00 per month:mad: Sorry about going on and on off the subject of insomnia in this forum, but please, if you would like to share any info on the subject of helping me/people with INSOMNIA, I would welcome any replies.

Geno

Thank you for your reply.

DrMariano2
    Participant

One can view insomnia as excessive norepinephrine signaling leading to wakefulness during times when one should be sleeping.

Then, the question to ask is “Why is norepinephrine elevated?”

Psychologically, recurrent memories of traumatic events can cause stress, leading to activation of the sympathetic nervous system, and thus an increase in norepinephrine signaling.

There are other physiological reasons that norepinephrine signaling is elevated – including neuroendocrine and nutritional/metabolic problems related to energy production. These have to be assessed and treated when found.

rehabman28

So both HYPOthyroidism and HYPERthyroidism can lead to insomnia?

@Geno 1934 wrote:

geno
    You need to look at what is causing the insomnia

imbalances in following

nutrients
    cell membrane
    neurotransmitters
    hormones
    immune system
    Liver imbalance in specific pathways.
    medication interference
    psychologcial -past emotional trama unresolved at subconscious level
    heavy metals
    gut issues – dysbiosis
    food allergies
    Sleep apnea
    Lifestyle

Where are you located at bud?
    I have gotten people sleeping with different interventions many of them are natural.
    If worse comes to worse you need to have medical intervention.

If you want to help get resolution you need to start getting at the root cause and that takes alot of time and effort on the practioner.

Contact info
    matrixhealthandwellness@gmail.com

You pretty much state why you are not falling asleep. Constant thinking about why you were fired and how you were railroaded. It sounds like you need therapy to help you come to peace with what you perceived that happened to you. The best diet and all the vitamins in the world are not going to help you change the thinking patterns that got you into this situation. As far as the insomnia itself I find it better not to stress out about the fact that you are not sleeping. After all you have no real control when your brain puts you to sleep. Trying to control it will always backfire as it sends a message to your brain that you are not Okay with not sleeping and are going to fight it. Running to the cupboard for Tylenol or Advil PM drinking Chamomile tea and taking Ambien are all examples of how you might be proving to your brain how important sleep is and the steps you are willing to take to try to control something that is really out of your control. The best advice I could give you is to go to bed at about the same time each night and tell your brain that you don’t care if it let you sleep or not. Cover your clocks in the room so you don’t clock watch. Your brain might not let you sleep on day one and you will be tired the next day. You will live however. On day two your brain might not let you sleep either and you will be even more tired. Your brain will eventually give in and give you the sleep you need. After you really give up trying to control sleep you brain will relax and put you to sleep. I have OCD or used to anyway. I learned that if you place too much importance on things that your brain does randomly on its own like popping strange thoughts or ideas in your head or trying to control natural bodily functions like sleep your brain will flag those things as very important to you when the happen and cause you distress by sending you pain in a number of ways such as Anxiety. Its always best to not fight the brain. You wont win.

Geno

Good advice DOWNTHELANE ! Thanks. Just when I think I have thought of/or tried everything, I am always glad to hear some new advice and input on insomnia ! Geno

Anonymous

I had a similar problem to you.

After I was forced to leave my last job due to the stress making me ill, I found myself playing everything over and over in my mind. Of course I was suffering from depression as well and sitting around all day so I was carrying a lot of excess energy around.

I tried different drugs to help me get over the hurdle but honestly nothing worked better for me than exercise and meditation.

Work off all that nervous energy and then learn to enter a proper state of relaxation afterwards. I really feel for you Insomnia is a pain in the ass.

Good luck.

Anonymous

Great information sharing..Most adults have experienced insomnia or sleeplessness at one time or another in his life..Insomnia is a symptom, not a self-diagnosis or a disease. By definition, insomnia difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep, or both and this may be due to insufficient quality or quantity of sleep.

Anonymous

water treatment systems for immediate relief, natural bath or a hot bath is helpful.The application of chest compression improves sleep insomnia is due to respiratory failure. When the winter temperature of bathing in neutral water at bedtime is beneficial.

Anonymous

water treatment systems for immediate relief, natural bath or a hot bath is helpful. cord compression is also supported by sleep. The application of chest compression improves sleep insomnia is due to respiratory failure. When the winter temperature of bathing in neutral water at bedtime is beneficial.

jibingreat

As we all are aware that if a person drink to much alcohol then he will suffer from insomnia. Depression is a common cause of insomnia. insomnia lead to causes people with depression to seek medical help.In this people will not feeling refreshed when you wake up, waking up several times in the work of sleep and many more.

wilaimsjacks

Insomnia is initiating or maintaining sleep, or both, despite adequate opportunity and time to sleep, leading to impaired daytime functioning, it is very common and occurs in general population, there are different types of insomnia, here are some of the tips to avoid insomnia are take a warm bath, get a massage, listen to the music and do yoga.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top