• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    j-man1

Dr. Mariano,

How much Fish Oil do you recommend? Why only in the morning? Thanks.

DrMariano2
    Participant

Excessive reduction of inflammatory signaling causes insomnia in some people.

One cannot arbitrarily reduce inflammation. Just like most things, there needs to be a “normal” or appropriate amount of inflammation for function. For example, aside from impairing one’s ability to fight infection, excessive reduction in inflammatory signaling impairs the brain’s ability to reconfigure neural networks into new patterns which we call memory.

The traditional Eskimo diet has about 2400 mg of Omega-3 a day. I use that as a starting point.

@DrMariano 4759 wrote:

One cannot arbitrarily reduce inflammation. Just like most things, there needs to be a “normal” or appropriate amount of inflammation for function. For example, aside from impairing one’s ability to fight infection, excessive reduction in inflammatory signaling impairs the brain’s ability to reconfigure neural networks into new patterns which we call memory.

The traditional Eskimo diet has about 2400 mg of Omega-3 a day. I use that as a starting point.

Depends on a person biochemistry and certain factors which will dictate if I suggest fish oils. Why I check intracellular testing and organic acid testing before making any nutritional recommendations since I had people who ended up almost being pushed to suicide due to toxic overload in the body from simple every day supplements. Mainly the reason was because the Dr did not understand what was going on at the enzymatic levels at the cellular level. One person was so copper toxic that adding in cod liver oil, vitamin C, molybdenum almost ended killer her.

compaq

@DrMariano 4759 wrote:

Does this mean that you start out at 2400mg of Omega3 and work up or down?

I’ve been taking fish oil for years now and for a while was probably over that 2400mg. Over the last year I slowly have been cutting back.

wondering

@DrMariano 4759 wrote:

Interesting, am I to gather from this that being in a pro-inflammatory state keeps one from getting sick? I haven’t had a bad cold or missed a day of work EVER at my job and I’m in my 17th year there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top