Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS MEN’S HEALTH Excessive male masturbation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

When given the opportunity on other forums where guys are looking for best drs on west coast my first recommendation is Dr M. I have spoken to him on the phone and just in the first 10 minutes I learned so much information it was staggering. Actually majority of the principles which we do is based off Dr M information found in a 512 page documentation of his posts from all over the internet. I refer to this from time to time to refresh my memory. Now with the help of DR M we are now starting to look into cytokins imbalances which may be a hidden trigger for alot of hormonal imbalances.

avast322

I’ve been on Concerta for 9 years. Could excessive norepinephrine signals be causing my impotence? I’ve noticed that sexual excitement just isn’t there. Testosterone didn’t really help, my thyroid levels are stable, AM cortisol is normal, prolactin is non-existent…when I was younger, I too jacked it constantly. I still do at least 1-2 times a day, but not nearly the same as when I was younger. I don’t get “aroused” by anything anymore and I swear it’s like a mental block when I try to think of sexual things. After running the gamut with TRT and my hormones, I really think it’s a mental thing and the excessive concerta fried my circuits…is there a “PCT” for Concerta people or is there dopamine replacement?

@DrMariano 2884 wrote:

I think “excessive masturbation syndrome”, which I would consider a subset of “sexual exhaustion syndrome”, is a condition where there are predisposing underlying problems.

The addition of sexual activity past a certain amount stresses then collapses compensatory mechanisms that had previously allowed one to function well.

If these underlying problems did not exist, then sexual exhaustion syndrome would not occur.

Common underlying problems include thyroid problems, immune system inflammatory activity, hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal dysregulation, chronic infections, nutritional deficiencies, insulin resistance and diabetes, nervous system dysfunction, environmental stress, hypogonadism, etc.

Sexual function involves information processing activity involving the brain’s libido circuits and the primary seeking circuit. There are many intercellular signals involved including dopamine, norepinephrine and oxytocin, testosterone, estradiol, etc. These promote interpersonal connectiveness, sex drive, sexual pleasure and excitement. Dopamine signaling helps trigger the primary seeking circuit to determine the form of sexual behavior that satisfies the libido circuitry. Norepinephrine signaling occurs within the sympathetic nervous system as a component of the libido circuitry. It helps promote excitement during sex. And a pulse of norepinephrine triggers the orgasm.

One problem with the circuitry is the use of norepinephrine as a signal. Norepinephrine has multiple systemic actions aside from sexual function. It is the primary signal for stress (thus sex itself can be considered a stressful, though enjoyable activity). Norepinephrine also triggers energy on demand. It increases thermogenesis. It can lead to changes in thyroid function – up or down. It can lead to insulin resistance, increasing the need for insulin production. It can change renal function, leading to the loss of zinc, iodine and other minerals. It can activate immune system pro-inflammatory signaling. Etc.

If there are underlying problems which already increase stress or demand for norepinephrine signaling, then the sum of these and additional sexual activity can increase norepinephrine signaling excessively leading to the problems one can experience with sexual exhaustion. Some of the changes can lead to positive feedback signaling loops which are self-perpetuating – resulting in a prolonged illness, if triggered. Some of the positive feedback loops prolong sympathetic nervous system, i.e. norepinephrine, signaling. Some changes can result in nutrient deficiencies which cause prolonged dysfunction if not addressed.

In briefly reviewing the symptoms listed on the internet for over-masturbation or sexual exhaustion syndrome, I found the following:

anxiety
    depression
    insomnia
    lack of energy
    impaired memory
    mood swings
    loss of libido
    erectile dysfunction
    headaches
    body pain
    blurred vision
    flushed face
    constipation
    frequent urination
    dizziness
    palpitations
    hair loss

Note that these symptoms indicate a systemic problem. Generally, the systems involved include the nervous system, endocrine system, immune system, metabolism and nutrition.

Some simple associations between function and a few of the signals or nutrients that are most often affected are as follows:

Anxiety: norepinephrine, serotonin, cortisol, CRH, thyroid, dopamine, testosterone, progesterone, etc.

Depression: dopamine, inflammatory cytokines, iron, Vitamin A, B-vitamins, vitamin D, testosterone, etc.

Insomnia: norepinephrine, thyroid, cortisol, iron, etc.

Lack of energy: thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, norepinephrine, cortisol, insulin, iron, vitamin A, B-vitamins, salt-intake, etc.

Impaired memory: dopamine, norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, B-vitamins, Vitamin A, etc.

Mood swings: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, cortisol, testosterone, estradiol, thyroid, iron, Vitamin A, B-vitamins, protein intake, etc.

Loss of libido: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, testosterone, estrogens, thyroid, cortisol, iron, zinc,

Erectile dysfunction: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, testosterone, estrogens, thyroid, cortisol, nitric oxide, protein intake, etc.

Headaches: inflammatory cytokines, norepinephrine, cortisol, etc.

Body pain: inflammatory cytokines, norepinephrine, cortisol, thyroid, iron, aldosterone, etc.

Blurred vision: norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, iron, etc.

Flushed face: norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, iron, etc.

Constipation: thyroid, norepinephrine, etc.

Frequent urination: norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, iron, etc.

Dizziness: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, aldosterone, cortisol, nitric oxide, salt-intake, etc.

Palpitations: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, cortisol, etc.

Hair loss: norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, testosterone, estradiol, DHT, DHEA, zinc, biotin, etc.

Treatment of sexual exhaustion syndrome would involve assessing and addressing the psychosocial factors, nervous system factors, endocrine system factors, immune system factors, metabolic and nutritional factors that are involved to cause dysfunction once sexual activity is added to the system. Often there are multiple underlying problems. Generally, mental dysfunction (e.g. sexual dysfunction) indicates the presence of multiple underlying problems, often involving multiple body systems.

avast322

Yeesh dr m, you should run seminars! $$$$!!

@hardasnails1973 3068 wrote:

When given the opportunity on other forums where guys are looking for best drs on west coast my first recommendation is Dr M. I have spoken to him on the phone and just in the first 10 minutes I learned so much information it was staggering. Actually majority of the principles which we do is based off Dr M information found in a 512 page documentation of his posts from all over the internet. I refer to this from time to time to refresh my memory. Now with the help of DR M we are now starting to look into cytokins imbalances which may be a hidden trigger for alot of hormonal imbalances.

Zossima

omg 3 or 5 times a day is excessive! didn’t know that 😮

when i was healthy it was very common to reach 3 or 4 a night when i slept alone. In fact I masturbated more then i had sex, because to have sex she had to be willing as well, once or 2 twice was enough for her, but not for me. Maybe she didn’t want more because I was a bad lover:confused:

anyhow… i miss those days 🙁 having low T symptoms is so depressing, Libido is the force that drives life, without it, my life makes no sense.

mikey428

NEw member here, have post propecia problems and engage in masturbation almost compulsively just to see how things are working so to speak….It acts as a gauge to release anxiety for me and is not healthy at all….It causes constant worry….I totally agree wuth Dr. MAriano that it is a symptom of another problem…..

It is very unhealthy, a double edged sword, cause and solution to anxiety….

joshuaty2010

There is a world of difference between sex and masturbation but nobody will contest that both are pleasurable. As kids, we learn to explore our bodies, instinctively cataloguing sensations that feel good and those that don’t. As adults, we have a clear idea (more or less) of what works for us, what gets us off, and what we like to experience over and over again. This doesn’t mean however, that we should stop experimenting with new things. In the case of masturbation, there are certainly newer things and better reasons for handling your tool, as part of an overall male enhancement program.

standford

Is excessive amount of masturbating is effects on penis size? if yes, why and Does penis size matter for partners happiness ………………………….

Cheap dapoxetine online|Zenegra|Buy Kamagra online

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top