Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS WOMEN’S HEALTH Estradiol cypionate similar half-life and dosing to test cyp?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bridger

It seems they should be comparable. Cypionate is cypionate right? My wife was been doing 1cc/5mg of estradiol cyp every 3 weeks. There is a feeling great period followed by a crash before the next shot. And much breast tenderness. Sounds similar to the old way of test injections. I have suggested to break it up and do it more frequently. And I worry the seemingly high dose of 5mg monthly with accompanying spikes in hormone levels could cause problems later on. Like .5cc/2.5mg every two weeks and see how that works out. Is my logic correct? The dr doesn’t do E2 bloodwork so I guess they just base it on symptoms.

DrMariano2
    Participant

Generally, Estradiol Cypionate can be given once a month.

However, the half-life will depend on the primary degradative enzyme, Cytochrome P450 3A4, which can be inhibited or induced by several substances and modified by nutritional deficits, e.g. iron deficiency, resulting in a variable half-life for Estradiol Cypionate.

Given the variability, I would monitor levels. Given how many actions and interactions estradiol and its metabolites have, I would monitor labs to help optimize treatment.

Sure, the instructions say one should dose based on symptoms. But certain levels of estrogen entail certain risks. It would be beneficial to have levels done to help clinical decision making. For example, I would rather not end up with luteal phase or pregnancy levels for estrogen when dosing for symptoms, given the increased risk involved – such as for mood destabilization, aggression, cancer, blood clotting, weight gain, inflammation, risk for heart attack, etc. When replacing estrogen, I prefer follicular phase levels as a baseline level.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top