Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS SIGNALS epinephrine deficiency

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

What would cause epinephrine deficiency?
    I just had plasma catecholamine done and it showed <10 on the epinephrine and 195 on norepinephrine. The research I have been looking at states that is due to insulin induced hypoglycemia. Would low e2 and low thyroid be a contributing factor to this? I am also doing a 24 hour urine amino test for tyrosine to see if I am properly absorbing it. With low epinephrine levels this would also reduce the out put of ceruloplasmin which I have been noting for the past 2-3 years, but has been ignored. The 24 hour urine is also going to be looking for growth hormone and also copper imbalances as well. I am also an undermethylator which I have known for many years which could also be playing a role.
    Question is what can be done to help modulate these levels. Would taking ephedra HCL in small dosages be a potential solution or looking to see if I have the building blocks to help conversion.

Don’t know a lot about this area..but I wander if Florinef would do anything for you?

DrMariano2
    Participant

@hardasnails1973 995 wrote:

What would cause epinephrine deficiency?
    I just had plasma catecholamine done and it showed <10 on the epinephrine and 195 on norepinephrine. The research I have been looking at states that is due to insulin induced hypoglycemia. Would low e2 and low thyroid be a contributing factor to this? I am also doing a 24 hour urine amino test for tyrosine to see if I am properly absorbing it. With low epinephrine levels this would also reduce the out put of ceruloplasmin which I have been noting for the past 2-3 years, but has been ignored. The 24 hour urine is also going to be looking for growth hormone and also copper imbalances as well. I am also an undermethylator which I have known for many years which could also be playing a role.
    Question is what can be done to help modulate these levels. Would taking ephedra HCL in small dosages be a potential solution or looking to see if I have the building blocks to help conversion.

The most common reason I see low epinephinre levels on plasma catecholamines is excessive insulin production due to insulin resistance or diabetes.

Like low SHBG, low epinephrine is another indirect sign of insulin resistance or diabetes.

@DrMariano 1043 wrote:

The most common reason I see low epinephinre levels on plasma catecholamines is excessive insulin production due to insulin resistance or diabetes.

Like low SHBG, low epinephrine is another indirect sign of insulin resistance or diabetes.

Would low thyroid be a contributing factor for this? If so wouldn’t getting the thyroid in proper functioning help resolve this issue. Since I am on cortef and there is a thyroid deficiency could I be self inducing insulin resistance by taking cortef with out enough thyroid to function?

DrMariano2
    Participant

@hardasnails1973 1054 wrote:

Would low thyroid be a contributing factor for this? If so wouldn’t getting the thyroid in proper functioning help resolve this issue. Since I am on cortef and there is a thyroid deficiency could I be self inducing insulin resistance by taking cortef with out enough thyroid to function?

Addressing thyroid problems may help improve insulin resistance/insulin sensitivity.

Often, when this is done, diabetic treatments may be reduced.

However, if there are other contributing factors to insulin resistance, addressing thyroid will not fully correct the problem.

Factors contributing to the development of insulin resistance include signaling and metabolic problems such as:

• Excessive stress signaling / norepinephrine.
    • Suboptimal dopamine.
    • Suboptimal serotonin.
    • Suboptimal thyroid.
    • Suboptimal testosterone.
    • Suboptimal DHEA.
    • Excessive hydrocortisone / cortisol.
    • Suboptimal fatty acid metabolism (e.g. excessive triglycerides, etc.)
    • Suboptimal vitamin A.
    • Suboptimal vitamin D.
    • Suboptimal iron.
    • Suboptimal selenium.
    • etc.
    • etc.
    • etc.

Not every cause of insulin resistance is known. This is why it is useful to consider medications in the treatment of insulin resistance when indicated.

@DrMariano 1056 wrote:

Addressing thyroid problems may help improve insulin resistance/insulin sensitivity.

Often, when this is done, diabetic treatments may be reduced.

However, if there are other contributing factors to insulin resistance, addressing thyroid will not fully correct the problem.

Factors contributing to the development of insulin resistance include signaling and metabolic problems such as:

• Excessive stress signaling / norepinephrine.
    • Suboptimal dopamine.
    • Suboptimal serotonin.
    • Suboptimal thyroid.
    • Suboptimal testosterone.
    • Suboptimal DHEA.
    • Excessive hydrocortisone / cortisol.
    • Suboptimal fatty acid metabolism (e.g. excessive triglycerides, etc.)
    • Suboptimal vitamin A.
    • Suboptimal vitamin D.
    • Suboptimal iron.
    • Suboptimal selenium.
    • etc.
    • etc.
    • etc.

Not every cause of insulin resistance is known. This is why it is useful to consider medications in the treatment of insulin resistance when indicated.

If low adrenaline came first then couldn’t this result in excessive insulin production.
    Could have low cholesterol have an impact of the hypersentivity to insulin due to highly permeable membranes?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top