Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS MEN’S HEALTH EGCG as COMT Inhibitor – "Cures" 15 Year Libido Loss Failed by HRT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    James

Dr. Mariano,

I think you will find this this question interesting and amusing…

I’ve been suffering from hypogonadism since my teenage years. All manner of HRT has failed to achieve subjective results or hormonal balance. I’ve experimented for over a decade, also incorporating psychoactive medications (anti-depressants) and eventually resorting to unusual band-aid solutions like seligiline, pramipexole, l-dopa, Proviron, apomorphine, all known PDE-5 inhibitors, sublingual testosterone drops and even prescription amphetamine (Adderall, prescribed as a “last resort” depression aid.) All of these have failed miserably. Zero effect on sexual intersest, erectile function or ability to achieve pleasure from orgasm (which is normally absent.)

However…

What could it mean to discover that one achieves a temporary curative effect from… a simple glass of strong high-grade, loose-leaf green tea? Believe it or not, a glass of tea, for me, creates immediate, mild euphoria and an an inexplicable ability to function sexually, with orgasm, each and EVERY time. I have never, in my entire life, been able to do that. Not even as a young teenager. None of the medications listed above had any effect. Yet, tea has a 100% success rate.

What neurotransmitters would be effected by the combination of xanthines in a glass of tea? Why would MAOIs and amphetamines fail, and yet a natural blend of caffeine and EGCG (shown to be a COMT inbitior) works as a temporary miracle?

I theorize that the dopaminergic effects of caffeine and theobromine, combined with the COMT inhibition of EGCG, create a balance of serotonin to dopamine that is normally lacking in my brain. Blood tests reveal that serum serotonin is elevated out of the lab range; I wonder if this could be a clue as to what is going on in my brain.

Is this explainable?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top