Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS SIGNALS Cortisol Resistance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MetalMX

Im interested to know is their such a thing as cortisol resistance and can blood tests in these individuals be normal while they experience symptoms indicative of adrenal insufficiency?

My mom is having these adrenal symptoms for the past 10 years more severe this past year. She has on and off symptoms of nausea, vomiting, dizziness, loss of appetite, excessive thirst, diarrhea, low blood pressure, fatigue and weakness. She has agoraphobia and panic attacks when i believe all her issues are simply due to this underlying disorder. She has hypoglycemia also.

It is interesting we share almost exact symptoms yet our blood tests has thus far been normal.

Any information from anyone would be informative.

pmgamer18

Sure sounds like adreanl problems to me read this link every thing you need is in it and a FAQ’s.
    Order the Saliva test and have her do it.
    http://livingnetwork.co.za/hormones/adrenal-fatigue/
    @MetalMX 2391 wrote:

Im interested to know is their such a thing as cortisol resistance and can blood tests in these individuals be normal while they experience symptoms indicative of adrenal insufficiency?

My mom is having these adrenal symptoms for the past 10 years more severe this past year. She has on and off symptoms of nausea, vomiting, dizziness, loss of appetite, excessive thirst, diarrhea, low blood pressure, fatigue and weakness. She has agoraphobia and panic attacks when i believe all her issues are simply due to this underlying disorder. She has hypoglycemia also.

It is interesting we share almost exact symptoms yet our blood tests has thus far been normal.

Any information from anyone would be informative.

MetalMX

Im aware of adrenal issues, just did a saliva myself and yes she needs to do a saliva cortisol no doubt. But my question is:

Is their such a thing as cortisol resistance to your own hormone due to genetics in some rare instances?

pmgamer18

I can’t say I am low due to a pituitary problem my adrenals work just my pituitary dose not tell it to work.
    @MetalMX 2401 wrote:

Im aware of adrenal issues, just did a saliva myself and yes she needs to do a saliva cortisol no doubt. But my question is:

Is their such a thing as cortisol resistance to your own hormone due to genetics in some rare instances?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top