Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS GENERAL HEALTH Brain fog, general confusion, fatigue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jasonlv

Hello everyone,

I’m a 31 year old male, on TRT as well as about 2 grains of dessicated thyroid per day.

I’ve noticed that over the last year or so, my ability to think clearly, cognitively, and see “the big picture” seems to be dwindling. It’s hard to explain, but I feel like I’m in a fog. Like my eyes are slightly glazed over almost.

My ambition is still there, I want to get things done, but when I sit down to do them, I simply can’t get everything in order and end up procrastinating or dreading sorting it all out… and nothing gets done.

For the last few months I’ve been using about 20mg of adderall every day in order to get me stimulated enough to get the ball rolling. It helps me push forward, but still doesn’t necessarily help with the clarity… I feel like I’m shooting myself in the foot by using this to get my work done, but it is what it is. I’d rather not pop a pill and work like a robot, I feel this stuff keeps me so focused on one thing that it ruins my creativity.

I manage to drag myself to the gym about 3-4 times per week, but the drive isn’t there. I’m lucky if I squeak out a decent 45 minute workout most of the time.

I have a hunch that my diet is playing a big part in all of this because I hardly eat at home anymore. My meals consist of things like sandwhiches, chicken breast & brown rice, a chicken salad, etc. The salads are pretty much lettuce, tomato, maybe some carrots or something. I feel like this can’t be providing me with what I need.

I take a multi vitamin, vitamin d, and fish oil every day. Doesn’t seem to do much, plus the multi vitamin gives me a headache.

The reason I’m posting is because I *know* how I used to feel, and I’m sure there’s a way to return to that state so that I get back to functioning optimally. I’m just not sure where to begin and what is right. For instance, if nutrition is my issue, where can I find accurate information to help me? Most of what I come across online is all related to dieting or eating clean with no real specifics.

What about my thyroid? Sex hormones? Immune system? Do I wait until after nutritional imbalances are corrected before evaluating these?

Thanks for your time.

jasonlv

Just wanted to leave an update.

Ever since writing this post, I’ve done a little more research on nutrition in terms of micronutrients. For so long, because of working out for aesthetic reasons for about 10 years, most of my focus has been on macronutrients.

I discovered a couple of indexes for nutrient density (ANDI, etc.) and began eating many more of the higher scoring vegetables along with my meals as well as juicing them (2x a day).

I believe that eliminating the adderall is the next step required… coupled with time I hope to be my old self again.

The adderall sort of put me in a funk regards to appetite. I neglected my nutrition and just kept “working” in between force feeding myself. Needless to say, without an appetite you don’t really think about cooking up a whole meal with a ton of healthy veggies on the side. Juicing veggies was a great way to get things in motion.

Even though I wasn’t eating boatloads of veggies (which I’m trying to do more of now) I was still able to get the nutrients my body was desperate for. Just feeling the improvement after a day was enough to open my eyes and MAKE ME want them more.

I feel like I may have solved my problem. My energy levels (even when not able to get a full 8 hours of sleep) are much improved. Clarity is there again. Starting to feel “right” again. Still not 100% but definitely making strides.

This leaves me wondering, while in my previous state (malnourished, depleted of micronutrients) would this cause my metabolism to slow down and result in elevated TSH and/or high rT3?

I’m wondering if I really do have a thyroid issue or this was a natural response from my body because of my poor diet. Would it be worth it to re-evaluate after several months?

@jasonlv 4879 wrote:

Just wanted to leave an update.

Ever since writing this post, I’ve done a little more research on nutrition in terms of micronutrients. For so long, because of working out for aesthetic reasons for about 10 years, most of my focus has been on macronutrients.

I discovered a couple of indexes for nutrient density (ANDI, etc.) and began eating many more of the higher scoring vegetables along with my meals as well as juicing them (2x a day).

I believe that eliminating the adderall is the next step required… coupled with time I hope to be my old self again.

The adderall sort of put me in a funk regards to appetite. I neglected my nutrition and just kept “working” in between force feeding myself. Needless to say, without an appetite you don’t really think about cooking up a whole meal with a ton of healthy veggies on the side. Juicing veggies was a great way to get things in motion.

Even though I wasn’t eating boatloads of veggies (which I’m trying to do more of now) I was still able to get the nutrients my body was desperate for. Just feeling the improvement after a day was enough to open my eyes and MAKE ME want them more.

I feel like I may have solved my problem. My energy levels (even when not able to get a full 8 hours of sleep) are much improved. Clarity is there again. Starting to feel “right” again. Still not 100% but definitely making strides.

This leaves me wondering, while in my previous state (malnourished, depleted of micronutrients) would this cause my metabolism to slow down and result in elevated TSH and/or high rT3?

I’m wondering if I really do have a thyroid issue or this was a natural response from my body because of my poor diet. Would it be worth it to re-evaluate after several months?

Fish oils in the wrong environment can be toxic. Due to mercury content in conventional fish oils unless they are a good brand I would just eat fish 2 times a week. When i see dysbiosis or heavy metals and person is taking fish oils I recommend they pull back on them due to the effect of Nitric oxide has on cell membranes. Drs I work with complex are very hesitant about using fish oils unless needed. People think I am crazy well some of the top people in their field are starting to change their mind.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top