Home Forums DISCUSSION FORUMS PSYCHOLOGY, BRAIN TRAINING, LIFESTYLE, EXERCISE BDD and the Thyroid (Mental Issues)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WyWy

I was an another forum and I noticed that there is a bunch of connections between BDD and the thyroid. Lately I seem SO SO confused, have brain fog, severe depression/anxiety, but I was wondering if an increase in Armour can truly resolve some of the symptoms. I will talk to my Doctor when I see him on Monday but here are my latest test results…
    http://wyattstephens.99k.org/Oct09/FirstpageOctoberResults.jpg

On top of those results, I also was Vitamin D deficient and my T-Uptake was 0.95, TT4 6.8, TSH 0.42.

It’s been very strange whats been going on. I kind of feel like I have some disease that they don’t know about. Haha.

@WyWy 2093 wrote:

I was an another forum and I noticed that there is a bunch of connections between BDD and the thyroid. Lately I seem SO SO confused, have brain fog, severe depression/anxiety, but I was wondering if an increase in Armour can truly resolve some of the symptoms. I will talk to my Doctor when I see him on Monday but here are my latest test results…

On top of those results, I also was Vitamin D deficient and my T-Uptake was 0.95, TT4 6.8, TSH 0.42.

It’s been very strange whats been going on. I kind of feel like I have some disease that they don’t know about. Haha.

Getting under proper care of Dr Mariano or some one that is as adverse in your area would be the best bet. Assessing the adrenals, lifestyles, stresses in your life, stress management, proper sleep hygiene, nutritional imbalances would be the first place I would look. Could there be some hidden infections, liver/gut imbalances, ect that may have not been ruled out. Since running a simple food allergy panel from quest or labcorp we are uncovering numerous hidden food allergies in people that are causing excessive stress to their adrenals never giving them a chance to recover. Once these stressors are identified and corrected symptoms start to resolve that have been dealing with for quite some time. T- uptake is useless reading we need a more in dept profile then that in order to see what is really going on with the thyroid. Your are only getting about 20% of the puzzle and missing the other 80%. Now you wonder why people are sick.

DrMariano2
    Participant

@WyWy 2093 wrote:

I assume BDD = “Body Dysmorphic Disorder”

Thyroid dysfunction may be one of the factors involved, though not the only one. Generally, there would also be large psychological issues, such as childhood traumatic events or neglect, that contribute to dissatisfaction with one’s self – and by extension, one’s appearance.

When one has suboptimal thyroid signaling, energy production is diminished. To compensate, one has to activate the sympathetic nervous system to generate energy. This increases norepinephrine signaling.

Norepinephrine is the signal for alertness, wakefulness, energy on demand, arterial constriction to increase blood pressure, etc. But it also is the body’s signal that something is wrong, the body’s distress signal – leading to fear/anxiety and/or irritability as emotional responses. Higher norepinephrine signaling can tend to signal dissatisfaction to the nervous system – since it signals something is wrong, unless it is matched by adequate dopamine signaling – which is the primary reward signal. The sense of dissatisfaction or sense that something is wrong may lead the person to attached causality to something.

When extreme, this leads to paranoid delusions where fear is attached to people and the belief that people pose a threat to oneself.

At lesser levels, this dissatisfaction can lead to compulsiveness – such as in type-A personalities. Or it can lead to obsessive-compulsive behaviors and other mood disorders.

If the sense of dissatisfaction or sense that something is wrong is attached to one’s morphology, particularly if one’s developing environment is critical of one’s self (e.g. parents who may be emotionally abusive), then the seeds for developing Body Dysmorphic Disorder may be set in place. Note that this is a nature+nurture event.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top